Mike & I were asked to be Godparents to our little nephew (Oliver). That warranted something special for the Baby Shower. With only 3 weeks, I decided to do something I'd never done before; make a quilt.
I wandered into a fabric store, told the lady I didn't have a pattern and I'd never made a quilt, and I had three weeks to finish it (plus, I'm planning a wedding). She gulped hard and got me started. Along the way, there were several strangers who helped me get through the details (You-Tube rocks!). Still, at the final hour, I didn't have the binding completed (the only hand stitching I had planned to do). I happened to be at mom's working on wedding plans, trying to move onto the quilt, but it just wasn't happening.
Mom wandered in, grabbed the quilt and began whipping (whip-stitch, that is). I finally joined her around 10pm and we stitched until the wee hours of the morning. I had a beautiful quilt to give Sunday for the Shower. It brought my sister-in-law to tears (heh heh, women are so emotional).
It was really fun to make the quilt & now that I've invested in all the toys (ahem, I mean tools), I hope to make some more!
1 comment:
Ok, I am totally waiting for quilts for my three minions!!
Hannah likes kitties
Paige likes butterflies and lady bugs
William likes school busses and choo choo trains..
Got all that? Good, can't wait...
Post a Comment