Sunday, December 28, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

After the demise of the Redneck Garage, we have moved on. Take a look at all that snow on Christmas morning! Snapped a few pics since nothing else was to be done without power.


Man got a bit paranoid and decided to shovel the roof of the house. I couldn't complain; who knows if the original owner was thinking about snowload when they built this summer cabin. And we've never seen 2' drop out here before. All the while, Man was saying, "I've been waiting for a huge dump like this since I was 10 years old!" He shoveled rooftops and driveways for 6 hours on Christmas morning. He was smiling the whole time. (Until one of my dozens of errant snowballs made contact!)
In the meantime, I cooked our Christmas breakfast - sausage and French toast. Tea was also served.

Then, we made our way to mom's for Christmas dinner. Man quickly adjusted from snow shoveler to bartender.

We were a few family members short this year, but one sister made the trip from NE via Skype.

We joined Man's family on Saturday, where 7 grandkids kept grandma shoveling out presents as furiously as Man shoveled the driveway that morning to get out! :)

It's raining now. Our Christmas craziness is done for another year. We really did have a fun few days.

No comments: